Karhai is a famous dish in Pakistan and you will see a lot of variations in this dish Karhai. Makhni karhai or Butter chicken is an easy and creamy dish which you can make with mutton or chicken.
|Boneless chicken cubes||1/2 kg|
|Tomatoes chopped||4 large|
|Onion chopped||1 medium|
|Red chili powder||1 tsp|
|Red chili flakes||1/2 tsp|
|Turmeric powder||1/4 tsp|
|Coriander powder||1/2 tsp|
|Cumin powder||1/2 tsp|
|All spice powder||1/2 tsp|
|Ginger garlic paste fresh||1 tsp|
|Lemon juice||1 tbsp|
- In a pot add tomatoes and water and cook till soft. Blend them in blender and set aside.
- In the same pot now add oil and onion, fry till light brown then add ginger garlic paste, lemon juice and all spices. Stir for few minutes and then add tomato paste.
- Add chicken and on low flame cook it till tender.
- When it separates oil add cream (half quantity) , butter and green chilies. Cover with the lid and let it simmer for few minutes.
- Garnish with cream and green chilies and coriander. You can sprinkle ginger sticks also.
- Serve with Naans.
It is a great food gallery for me and my family.
Thanks a lot.