Kofta gravy is a simple gravy . A lot of people consider this kofta making a difficult task but i have learned this from my mom and inshallah you will find this delicious and easy. You can call it Kofta qorma as well….:)
INGREDIENTS FOR KOFTA/ MEAT BALLS:
|Beef/ Chicken/ Mutton boneless||1/2 kg|
|Ginger||1 inch piece|
|Garlic||2 large cloves|
|Green chillies||3 medium size|
|Coriander leaves||1/4 cup|
|Red chilli powder||1 tsp|
|All spice powder/ garam masala||1/2 tsp|
|Cumin seeds||1/2 tsp|
- In a chopper add all ingredients and chop till finely minced.
- Leave mixture for 10-15 minutes and then make balls of desire size.
- Prepare gravy.
INGREDIENTS FOR GRAVY:
|Ginger garlic paste||1 tbsp|
|Red chilli powder||1 tbsp|
|Coriander powder||1 tsp|
|Turmeric powder||1/2 tsp|
|Whole spices||1 tbsp mix|
|All spice powder||1/2 tsp|
|Oil||1 cup or as needed|
- In a pot add oil and sliced onion, fry till light brown, Remove it on a paper towel. Grind onion and set aside.
- Now add whole spices and ginger garlic paste in the same oil , fry for 5 minutes.
- Now add all spices and yogurt except all spice powder/garam masala . Add 2 tbsp water and stir constantly.
- Keep on stirring ( we call this bhunai in urdu) by adding 2 tbsp water , as soon as oil separates add koftas and rotate pot to turn the sides of koftas. If you will use spoon to rotate on this stage, they might open/ break.
- Keep on rotating pot time to time till color of koftas change.
- Add water and let it boil. Now add brown onion paste in it and cover lid. Let it cook till thick gravy form and oil separates.
- Sprinkle all spice powder and coriander leaves. Let it simmer for few minutes and serve with Naan or Chapati.
For Another recipe of Koftas you can click the link below: