Chicken kebabs and lamb kebabs are most popular and different in taste, desired Afghani food. One thing which i noticed that the spices used in Afghani foods are not bland. Afghans have their own way of cooking and they usually try to keep the balance when it comes to adding spices.
In the pic below you can see an Afghani restaurant in my city.
The Afghan lady told me that each part of Afghanistan has it’s own cooking style. They were living in Kabul so their recipes are modified and versatile. Afghan lady’s daughter is a head cook back in Afghanistan she is working for any foreign company, and i am fortunate that i got a chance to meet her. This recipe is her gift for me….:)
Here are few pics of her cute kids.
|Chicken in cubes||1/2 kg|
|Black pepper||1 tsp|
|Green chillies||2 medium|
|Ginger||1 inch piece|
|Olive oil||1/4 cup|
|Turmeric powder||1/4 tsp|
- In a grinder add all ingredients except chicken cubes and finely grind them.
- Marinate chicken for 3-4 hours. (YOU CAN TAKE BEEF/ LAMB MEAT ALSO)
- Grill it or pan fry it and serve with creamy coriander sauce and pita bread or Afghani naan.
- I have inserted capsicum and tomato in skewers, this step is my own created one…:)
- In Ramadan ,marinate it and freeze. Just before Iftar fry, bake or Grill it.
CREAMY CORIANDER SAUCE
Take 1/2 cup fresh coriander , green chilli 1 , Salt, , lemon juice 1 tsp and Nestle yogurt.Blend it and serve with kebabs.
Sending this entry to Ahlan Ramadan –The Healthy Way