I always adored the beautiful colors of this jelly like halwa. When i came to know the recipe from a friend last year, I was surprised that we can make this effortless halwa in few minutes. You can cook in microwave or on flame. Result will be superb.
- Cornflour 1/3 cup
- Sugar 1 and cup
- Water 1 cup and 1/ 3 cup
- Cardamom powder 1 tsp
- Ghee 2 tsp
- Almonds as needed
- Melon seeds as needed
- Green food color few drops
- In a pan add water and sugar, cook on low flame till sugar dissolve.
- In a small bowl add water and cornflour. Mix well. Add food color also. Mix again.
- Add cornflour in sugar syrup and keep on stirring with hand whisk.
- It will become thick and glossy. Now use wooden spoon.
- Add ghee and mix well.
- Add cardamom , almonds and melon seeds in it.
- Mix well and cook till ghee separates. It fill form a hard jelly like texture.
- Spread this mixture in greased pan and press down with spoon. Cut shapes of your choice.
- Let it cool and serve.
- In a microwave save bowl add cornflour, sugar, cardamom powder and food color, mix with whisk.
- Microwave it for 3 minutes and take the bowl out, stir with whisk.
- Keep in microwave again for 2 minutes.
- Add melon seeds and mix well.
- Microwave for 1 minutes.
- Take bowl out add ghee, almonds and mix well.
- Give 1 more minute.
- Spread in a greased pan and cut shapes of your choice. Sprinkle almonds. Let it set now.
- Use any food color of your choice.
- Serve and enjoy.
Wow… those surely looks delicious… Great post 🙂