This Rice dish is a Hyderabadi dish which i have learned from a Hyderabadi family, living near our house in Karachi.I consider this as a Royal Rice dish.The aroma and taste of this Biryani is totally different from other biryanis.This Biryani requires Patience and time…:)
|Ginger garlic paste||1 1/2 tbsp
|Coriander powder||1 tsp|
|Red chili powder||1 tbsp|
|Turmeric powder||1/2 tsp|
|Whole spice powder||1 tsp|
|Salt||1 tsp or to taste|
|Raw papaya||2 tbsp (for chicken 1 tbsp)|
|Lemon juice||2 tbsp|
|Onion thinly sliced||4|
|Oil||1 1/2 cup|
|Green coriander leaves||as needed|
|Mint leaves||as needed|
|Tomatoes||2 medium and sliced|
|Yellow food color||1/2 tsp|
|Milk or water||1/2 cup|
|Rice||1 kg (soak in water for 20 mins)|
|Salt||for boiling rice|
|Water||for boiling rice|
|Flour dough to seal the pot.|
- In a large bowl mix all ingredients in meat.Cover it and set a side.
- In a pan Fry onion till golden brown.Mix half in meat.
- Marinate meat over night.
- Half boil rice and drain water.
- In a deep heavy bottom pan pour oil and marinade, then Rice layer and tomatoes and green vegetables then again marinade topped with rice layer.
- Spread brown onion ,oil and yellow food color.
- cover with the lid and place a heavy thing like stone on the lid and leave it on very low flame.
- You can seal the pot with flour dough.
- Let it cook on very low flame for 40- 45 minutes.Then turn off the flame and leave it for 10 minutes.
- Remove seal pour lemon juice on rice .Take out from one side with a flat spoon and serve with Raita and Salad..
- Enjoy this different Biryani.