The Better the Butter the Better the Ghee, made from butter..:) My mother used to make clarified butter or ghee at home with heavy cream or malai. First she used to make butter from stored malai and churning it in blender and then make ghee out of it. I was very excited when I first came to know this very easy and handy method.
HOW TO MAKE GHEE
- There is only one thing you need and that is Butter 🙂 use only unsalted butter made from 100% milk as much as you require.
- Now cut them in small pieces and then place in a pan on very low flame and let it melt for few minutes.
- When it start boiling you will see bubbling on the surface, after few minutes you will see foaming and separating the milk solids.
- Reduce the flame to simmer for 5 minutes, remove the foam from spoon.
- Sediments will become dark brown and start settling in the bottom. The liquid will be clear and of golden color.
- Remove from flame and let it cool down for a second then sieve with cheese cloth and store in dry air tight jar.
- You can use this homemade ghee in making halwas,saags or on spreading on rotis or even in making panjeris,try today and give your family a healthy choice.