Pakisatanis are BBq lovers and our EId ul Adha is incomplete without Barbeque food.Eid is special occasion to gather your friends and family members and enjoy BBq . I always enjoy cooking on Charcoal.But if you have no time and you want to serve your guests a quality BBq dish then you can try this yummilicious dish on stove. In my honest opinion this is a must try.
Here i will mention the name of my colleague who passed on this recipe to me, Mrs Jabeen. She is a darling and an expert cook. A lots of memories are attached with this recipes…i Just want to add this saying for her.
“If you really want to make a friend, go to someone’s house and eat with him… the people who give you their food give you their heart.”
~ Cesar Chavez
|Beef fillets/ pasande or Mince||1kg|
|Ginger||1 inch piece|
|Papaya paste||1/2 cup|
|Whole coriander||4 tbsp|
|Poppy seeds||2 tbsp|
|Mustard seeds||10 nos|
|Cumin seeds||1 1/2 tsp|
|Whole red chilli||8-10|
|Clove /laung||6 nos|
|Cinnamon stick||1 nos|
|Whole black pepper||10-15|
- Marinate meat fillets /parche/ pasande or you can use Mince also, with papaya paste and all other spices.(grind all spices finely)
- In oil fry onion till light brown, set aside. In the same oil fry ginger and garlic , take them out.
- Grind ginger, brown onion and garlic and mix in meat.
- Marinate meat for 5-6 hours.
- In the same oil (approx 1/2 cup) in which we fried onion and ginger/garlic, transfer meat with all spices and cook till meat tender and soft.
- You can cook on charcoal too.
- Give smoke to kebabs if cooking on stove.
- Serve with Coriander sauce /Raita/ Salad and Naan/ Parathas.
I like to serve with Roghnai Naan…:)
Thanks to Express Tribune for posting this recipe …:)