Haleem/ Daleem is a famous Pakistani dish. This is highly nutritious main course, either make it with chicken or beef will tempt all.
|Beef or Chicken (boneless)||1 kg|
|Channa Daal||1 cup|
|Moong Lentil||1/4 cup|
|Massor Lentil||1/4 cup|
|Ginger Garlic Paste||2 tbsp|
|Chili Powder||3 tbsp|
|Coriander Powder||3 tbsp|
|Cumin (roasted and crushed)||2 tbsp|
|Garam Masala /All Spice Powder||2 tbsp|
|Oil (for frying onions)||1 cup|
Garnish for haleem:
No measurements required its up to your taste.
|Chopped coriander leaves|
|Green chilies chopped|
- Soak wheat, barley and gram lentil in plenty of water overnight. You can soak other two lentils as well but I normally soak them in the morning just for 1 hour.
- Now cook all lentils in a large pot with at least 12 glasses of water (I usually cook them in cooker because in my area lentils and meat take a lot of time to tender ).
- In a large pot add oil 1 cup and sliced onion, fry till golden brown, then add ginger garlic paste and all other spices. Add meat and cook for 10 minutes.
- Now add water and cook till meat is tender. Shred meat and grind lentils, then mix them both and cook on low flame.
- Use wooden masher for mashing and mixing all ingredients.
- Cook till required consistency is achieved.
- Now in a small pan heat up ¼ cup oil and one sliced onion and fry till golden brown, pour this over Haleem (this is a bhagar)
- Serve with all garnishes and enjoy this all time favorite dish…