A traditional Sindhi dish. A bit different from my recipe of GUR WALE CHAWAL but very delicious in taste. Try this Tahari today and give me your feedback.
- Rice Sela 1/2 kg
- Shakar/ Gur/ Jaggery 2 cups
- Milk 1 cup
- Water 1 cup
- Big cardamom powder 1 tbsp.
- Small cardamom 4-5
- Fennel seeds/ saunf 1 tbsp.
- Coconut cut in thin slices 1 cup
- Ghee 1/2 cup
- Nuts as needed
- Boil rice till one kani left. set aside.
- In a pot add ghee or oil and add cardamoms and fennel seeds. Stir for few seconds.
- Now add water, milk and shaker. Let it boil. Keep on stirring.
- Now add boiled rice and coconut.
- Cover with lid and cook till water dries.
- Serve hot.