Gur ka Sharbat is one of a very famous drink here in Punjab. You can enjoy this anytime and quench your thrust. I am grateful to my two friends Alvina and Sadia , who told me this recipe. Try this in this hot Iftars.
- Gur / Jaggery / shakar 1 cup
- Water 1 cup
- Lemon 1-2
- Tukh Malanga/ Basil seeds as needed
- Add water in jaggery. Leave it for few minutes and dissolve it.
- Strain this solution. You can keep this in freezer for longer period of time.
- Now add water according to your requirements and taste.
- Soak basil seeds in water and leave it swell.
- Add lemon juice and basil seeds in sharbat and serve chill with a lot of crushed ice.