“One must have a mind of winter
To regard the frost and the boughs
Of the pine-trees crusted with snow;
And have been cold a long time
To behold the junipers shagged with ice,
The spruces rough in the distant glitter
Of the January sun; and not to think
Of any misery in the sound of the wind,
In the sound of a few leaves,
Which is the sound of the land
Full of the same wind
That is blowing in the same bare place
For the listener, who listens in the snow,
And, nothing himself, beholds
Nothing that is not there and the nothing that is.”
– Wallace Stevens, Snow Man
But in this chilly evening i have something different to share with you…:)
I met a very young girl (21 years of age) From Karachi, Pakistan who started her own food blog “ Maiys Kitchen” and who needed to showcase some of her work as a guest blogger on another site. After chatting a bit with Maiys, I invited her to do a guest post for me. We batted around some ideas and she decided to give a very tempting recipe of Spaghetti .
Maiys is a very enthusiastic and energetic girl. She learned online cooking from a Japanese Chef”NAMI” . When i visited her blog i found a number of recipes from Japanese cuisine.And when i asked from her she told me that , I believe in diversity in the kitchen so you will find dishes from every corner of the globe and they are all tried and photographed by me.
I loved her recipe of “GLAZED DOUGHNUT HOLES” too. Soon i am planning to try..:)
Check out her post:
FISH AND VEGETABLE SPAGHETTI
Total time: 1 hr 10 minute
Preparation time: 10 minute
Fish fingers 2 pounds
1 pound spaghetti
1 cup Carrot sliced
1 cup capsicum sliced
1 cup green onion thinly chopped
1 tbsp black pepper
Slat for taste
4 garlic cloves chopped
1 1/2 cup water
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, gently saute vegetables in oil until soften, about 10 minutes.
- Put the fish fingers in saucepan add garlic cloves,oil,salt and black pepper cook for 15 minutes or until fish cook through.
- Bring 6 quarts of water to a boil over high heat and add 2 tablespoons salt.
- Add the spaghetti to the boiling water and cook until tender, yet al dente, about 7 to 8 minutes. Drain and add vegetables and fish in it.
- Cook over high heat 45 seconds, drizzle with oil, and serve immediately.
I am sure you will like her Recipes, Please boost up her spirits and join her Facebook page and visit her blog here:
BLOG LINK: http://maiyskitchen.com/