This is my mother’s recipe, I use this method almost every time but I like Chef Zakir’s method too. On the contrary all my family members love this traditional tasty halwa recipe. In my upcoming posts I will include Chef Zakir’s recipe as well which is actually Karachi style halwa recipe. But right now enjoy my Mother’s recipe.
|Khoya||1 pao/1 cup|
(raisins, almonds, pistachio, walnuts)
- Remove inner yellow part of carrots and shred them.
- Now in a deep pan pour ghee and illaici, let it crackle and then add carrots, milk and sugar. Mix all well.
- Let it cook on medium flame till carrot are soft and tender.
- Now on high fame dry excess water and milk. As soon as ghee separates add half khoya and nuts in it.
- Mix all and then before serving garnish with khoya and nuts.