The City School Attock’s Principal Ms Muniba Khalid invited me as a Guest for delivering a workshop on the topic ” Focused Strategies for Parents and Teachers”. It was a great opportunity for me to Share my views As a teacher and Parent.
As a former teacher I know how important it is, to create a bond between Parents….Teachers and Children. The more involved parents are in their child’s education, the better the child’s performance in class and studies. Parental involvement often motivates the student to maintain the interest. I have experienced this myself that regular communication and sharing of Information between the teachers and parents helps child to improve.
My Objectives of the workshop were:
- Full visibility of a child’s interests and his commitments- as well as events and development will obviously put parents in a strong position to help their child learning. Facebook Groups, Messages, Watsap Group and emails are very fast communicating means these days. Teachers should closely observe child’s performance and engage parents with them. My question from the teachers was: What Method do you think is providing the best response from Parents and Students?
- Students spend most of their time in school. The school environment provides a standard against which young people test behavior. Regular communication and encouragement can solve issues. Teachers must take a positive action against issues. In some cases I have seen teachers blaming students for raising issues by parents. Teacher must not only dig a root cause but also find ways to sort them out.
- “Children know how to learn in more ways than we know how to teach them”. Learning is not a spectator sport. Student do not learn just by sitting in class listening to the teachers, memorizing pre-packaged worksheets or written work and spilling out answers. They must talk and discuss with each other in class about what they are learning. Engage students in different activities that require children to reflect on ideas or how they are using those ideas in classroom. Involve Students in doing things and thinking about what and why they are doing. Let their brain work. Assign student group project and research work. Set up small groups tutorial sessions.
- “Teachers can stimulate curiosity by asking questions themselves, and by responding with warmth and enthusiasm to children’s inquiries” (Trawick-Smith). Young minds are like a clean white board and teachers have the opportunity to facilitate learning experiences. Science activities and investigations are essential component of early childhood knowledge and help lay the foundation for life long learning and development.
- I am sharing few links for parents for free printable worksheets and activities for grade 3-4:
Teaching is an Art and Education is learning what you did not even know you didn’t know 🙂
Have a nice Day.
My Power Point slide:
Click The link below to open the slides.