I have posted no fail recipe of Gulab Jamuns a long ago but here i am again posting a recipe of Jamuns without egg. And believe me you will love the softness and yumminess of these sweet balls 🙂
If you want to make with egg then check the recipe here: GULAB JAMUNS
|Milk powder (Nido i have used)||1 cup|
|Plain flour||1/4 cup|
|Baking soda||a fat pinch|
|Sweet yogurt||1 tbsp|
|Milk||as needed for kneading|
|Sugar||1 and 1/2 cup|
|Rose water||1 tsp|
- In a pan add sugar, cardamom and water, make syrup. Syrup should not be thick. Just give 2-3 boils and turn the flame low.
- In a bowl add all other ingredients and knead with milk. Make a soft dough.
- Make small balls and fry in oil.
- After frying add in syrup and cover with the lid for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the flame and arrange them in a deep dish. Pour syrup over them .Garnish with nuts.
- Serve and enjoy.