Dulce de leche is a Caramelized milk in which sugar has been slowly cooked and producing a thick, creamy texture. This you can very easily make at home. A simple, safe way to make it is by baking or cooking condense milk on stove top, in a water bath .
This creamy yummy caramel is extremely versatile and can be used as a topping on cakes, ice creams, cupcakes, cookies or can be a dip for fruits and interesting thing is, i am using this in custard and kheer making.
|Condensed milk can||1|
- Open the half lid of condense milk can and cover with Aluminum foil.
- Fill water in a deep pan till half way of the can.
- Place this can in water and on low flame cook it.
- It will take 3 hours approx you can peek in by removing foil from one side.If it is not yet Carmel brown in color then cover again and cook of few more minutes.
- You will get a beautiful brown thick caramel in the end.
- You can bake in the same way , place Can in a water bath and bake for 1 hour or so at 180c.
- Check it when brown color appear take it out.
- Let it cool down completely and whisk it for a smooth texture.
this is so easy to make dear 🙂 perfectly done dulce de leche 🙂 fantastic creamy texture 🙂
Thank you my dear, it was so tasty too.
Hi Ainy! I’ve been putting aside my plans to make banoffee pies for several months now only because I couldn’t find ready-made caramel and that making my own scares me. My neighbor would put an unopened can to boil in a water bath for 3 hours or so, but the idea that it may explode scares me. I like your idea of opening half the can and then covering it up with foil. Thanks!
Hello Nadia, try this procedure with out fear ,inshallah you will be satisfy with the end result..:)