Dhoraji is a famous place in Karachi, where mostly Memon community is living. Dhoraji is famous for its Chat , Falooda , gola ganda and Bhel puri. I can’t forget the taste of Falooda of Dhoraji. I will share the recipe soon but today here is the recipe of famous Chat.
|Black chickpeas/ kala chana||1 and 1/2 Cup, boiled|
|Whole red pepper/ sabut lal mirch||7-8|
|Cumin seeds||2 tbsp|
|Coriander seeds||2 tbsp|
|Talhar mirch/ Kashmiri mirch||3|
|Tamarind pulp||1 cup|
|Brown sugar/ shakar||4 tbsp|
|Ginger garlic paste||1 tbsp|
|Coriander leaves and green chilies||for garnish|
- Soak chickpeas overnight and boil in the morning.
- Dry roast cumin, whole coriander and whole red chili on a pan and then grind it.
- Soak Talhar mirch (long red chili) in water for 2 hours. You can soak overnight too. Now in blender add Mirch, Tamarind pulp and brown sugar or shakar. Blend it to form a smooth paste.
- In a pot add oil and add ginger garlic paste and Curry leaves, stir for few seconds. Now add Tamarind pulp and cook for few seconds.
- Add dry roasted spices which we have made first. cook till oil separates.
- Now add chickpeas and salt mix well. Let it cook for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander and chilies.
- Serve with Papri.