This dhaba daal recipe is one of my favorite recipes of Daal/ Lentil. This recipe is adopted from a group. You can serve it with Naans and Salad. You can call it Fried Mash ki Daal too. You can click the link for the recipe of: Masala Mash Karhai
|Mash ki Daal||1 cup|
|Cinamon stick||1 inch|
|Onion||1 large and sliced|
|Ginger garlic paste||1 tbsp|
|Red chili powder||1 and 1/2 tsp|
|Turmeric powder||1/2 tsp|
|Coriander powder||1 tsp|
|Ginger sticks||for garnish|
|All spice powder||for garnish|
- Soak Daal in warm water for 1 hour.
- Boil it with 4-5 cloves, 1 black cardamom and a cinnamon stick, till half cook. Strain it and set aside.
- In a pot add oil and sliced onion, fry till light brown. Add ginger garlic paste and stir for few seconds.
- Add salt, red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and little water, keep on frying till oil separates and onion dissolve. (you can add one small tomato, if you like)
- Add Daal in it mix well and add water just to cook daal. Add Chicken cube and cover the lid.
- Cook on low flame till Daal completely cooked and water evaporates.
- Now Fry for few seconds and add green chilies ,coriander and Kasuri methi (few leaves). Simmer for few seconds.
- Sprinkle all spice powder/ garam masala before serving.