I have written DESI Karhai because this is my mother’s traditional recipe, thou she was making a number of Karhai recipes but this was uncomparable and scrumptious. My mother’s cooking was versatile, I saw her trying every cuisine in her kitchen.
I can not forget the taste of her food and the efforts which she was putting in to make her family satisfy. Truly no comparison of Mother’s cooking.
Here is a small tribute to my mother:
|Onion||1 large chopped|
|Ginger garlic paste||1 tbsp|
|Oil||3/4 cup or 1/2 cup|
|Whole Red chillies||5-6|
|Red chilli powder||1 tbsp|
|Turmeric powder||1 tsp|
|Crushed cumin seeds||1/2 tsp|
|Crushed coriander seeds||1/2 tsp|
|Black pepper||1/2 tsp|
|Qasuri methi||1/2 tsp|
|Coriander leaves||1/4 cup|
|Ginger sticks.||1 tbsp|
- In a pot add oil, ginger garlic paste and chicken, fry till light brown. Take it out and in the same oil add onion.
- Fry till light brown and then add chopped tomatoes.Cook for few minutes and then add spices. Stir to mix well.
- Now add chicken and whole red chillies and cover with lid.
- Cook on low flame now, you can add 1/4 cup water too. Cook till chicken tender.
- Sprinkle coriander leaves, Qasuri methi and ginger in sticks and serve with naan.