One of my neighbour back in Karachi used to make this dish. I can never forget the taste of it. I don’t like spinach but This is my favorite.
(you can use more)
|Spinach Leaves (cut them)||2 cups|
|Dal Masoor||1/4 cup|
|Dal Mong||1/4 cup|
|Ginger Garlic Paste||1 tbsp|
|Red Chilli Powder||1 tbsp|
|Cumin Powder||1/2 tsp|
|Dhania Powder||1 tsp|
|Garam Masala Powder||1 tsp|
|hara dhania||as desired|
|podina hari mirch||as desired|
|brown onion||as desired|
METHOD FOR MAKING QORMA:
- Take 1/2 cup oil and add sliced onion then fry it on low flame till golden brown.
- Now drain out half and spread on paper towel.
- Add chicken or beef, all spices and ginger garlic paste, stir fry them on high flame.
- Aadd water and let it cook till chicken is tender.
- In separate pot boil spinach with salt and 1/2 tsp red chili, just add 1/4 cup water for boiling.. do not over cook spinach.
- Grind spinach and set aside.
- Now wash all lentils and cook in pressure cooker for 1/2 hrs or you can cook without that as well. As soon as its tender let them cool and grind them as well.
- Now check chicken if tender then take out meat, remove bones and shred it.
- In qorma gravy add spinach, lentil mixture and shredded chicken and let them cook till it reaches desire thickness.
- In the end take 1/2 cup oil and again fry 1 large onion for BHAGAR, fry it and add with oil in shola. Garnish it and serve.