This summer when i went to Karachi (Burns Road) I tried these yummy and very tasty MALAI BARAS. They are serving these baras with sweet yogurt I am giving you surety that combination of masala with sweet taste of yogurt sauce will give you a very unique flavor. Try is must…:)
|Mong lentil||1 cup|
|Baking soda||1 tsp|
|Red chilli powder||1 tsp|
|Chat Masala||as needed|
- Soak lentil in plenty of water for few hours (3-4 hrs) drain water completely and in processor grind it very fine,if necessary then use 2-3 tbsp water also.
- Transfer in a bowl and add salt ,red chilli powder and soda.mix well and set aside for few minutes.
- Prepare yogurt sauce by adding sugar and cream in the yogurt,whisk it well .If you do not like sweet taste of yogurt then skip this with salt but in original recipe they have used sugar.
- Fry Baras in a form of small balls and transfer fried balls in water,again soak them in water for 1/2 hour.
- Squeeze them with hands to remove water and drop them in yogurt sauce.
- Serve with Chat masala and papri.