|Gram lentil / Chana dal||1 cup|
|Milk||1 cup + 1 cup water for cooking lentil.|
|Ghee/ Butter||1/2 cup|
|Sugar||1/2 cup or to taste|
- Soak lentil in water for 1 hour, now in a pot cook it with milk till tender.
- Wash and remove seeds of dates and in a chopper add boiled lentil and dates and make a smooth paste.
- In a pan add ghee/ butter and cardamom, let it crackle then add mixture of dates and lentil.
- Add sugar too. Adjust sugar according to you taste.
- Cook and stir occasionally till ghee separates.
- Spread on greased tray and cut in desired shapes.
- Garnish and serve.