CROUNTS are croissant and doughnut pastry first introduced and invented by a pastry chef Dominique Ansel. Pastry is than fried , filled and gazed. Like doughnuts your kids will love these Cronuts which are like doughnuts but in taste very different and more crispy, flaky and delicious.
Original recipe of Dominique I am attaching with my post, but i have made it a bit more easier instead of making dough I have used Puff pastry. You can check the authentic recipe here:
|Puff pastry||as needed|
|Water||for brushing layers.|
|Nutella or any ganache||as required|
- Roll the puff pastry, should not be thick.
- Cut with doughnut cutter.
- Brush each piece with water and place 3-4 pieces on each other.
- Press them and set aside.
- Prepare all. Heat oil and Fry on medium heat. Press each cronut with spoon and turn sides time to time till golden brown.
- Remove from oil when brown and fill icing bag with Nutella or any ganache
- Insert nozzle in cronut and fill in filling. Do icing and serve.
- Enjoy 🙂