This recipe is basically of Shireen Appa but a long ago I saw a home cook (khansama) making kheer with the same method in a party of my relative. Taste of this kheer is very delicious and a bit different from normal kheer because of custard powder.
|Sugar||1 cup or to taste|
|Custard powder||1 tsp|
|Milk (to dissolve custard powder)||1/2 cup|
|Kewra water||1 tsp|
|Almonds and pistachio||for garnish|
- Add milk in a pot and crush soaked rice and add in milk. Keep stirring.
- After one boil add sugar and cardamom. Cook on low flame till reduce in quantity and become thick.
- Now dissolve vanilla custard powder in 1/2 cup milk and add in kheer. Keep on stirring.
- Add khoya and mix well.
- Add kewra water.
- Pour in bowls or clay plates.
- Garnish with Almonds and Pistachio.
- Serve chill.