I am grateful to one of the most talented lady who is an excellent and innovative chef, I have tried a number of recipes of Moon Zohra, which turned out really delicious. Thank you Moon Zohra for accepting my invitation to write a guest post for my readers and providing me delicious and different recipes 🙂
I am posting her first recipe soon will post her two more recipes 🙂
CHICKEN TIKKA CHEESE MUFFINS WITH MASH POTATO FROSTING
Yield: 12 muffins
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup boiled shredded chicken (any leftover chicken you can use)
- 1 tea spoon white cumin
- 1 table spoon lemon juice
- 2/3 table spoons yogurt
- 1/2 tea spoon salt
- 1/2 tea spoon black pepper
- ( salt n pepper will add to your taste buds)
- 1/2 cup grated cheese (I like to mix cheddar with mozzarella)
- 1/2 cup mixture of chopped capsicum and Onion
(you can mix chopped mushrooms or grated carrots too)
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped coriander
- 1 chopped green chilli or chili flakes
- 1/2 cup melted butter (125 gm)
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tea spoons leveled baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Grease the cups of your muffin or cupcake pan.
- Take a bowl , mix shredded chicken with tikka masala , yogurt ,salt n pepper , lemon juice. Set a side.
- In a large bowl, sift/sieve the flour, then add all the dry ingredients (chicken mix , cheese, capsicum, onion, coriander, chilli, salt and pepper etc). Mix them together so they are evenly distributed in the flour.
- In a spearate jug, add the three liquid ingredients (milk, butter and egg). Lightly whisk with a fork to combine. Now pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until combined. Do NOT over-mix as this will make the muffins chewy.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cups and bake for 15 minutes or until skewer stuck in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the pan and allow them to cool slightly.when cool pipe mashy frosting on muffins ,drizzle little bar b q sauce over them n serve ☺
MASH POTATO FROSTING
- 2 boiled potato
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tea spoon salt
- 1/4 tea spoon black pepper
- 1/4 tea spoon garlic paste
- 2 table spoon mayonnaise
Mash potatoes, then mix all ingredients very well .make smooth frosting .then fill in piping bag with open star tip .
Frost your muffins .drizzle bar.b.q sauce over and serve 😊