Plan something healthy in your brunch today, why not try these tasty Paleo friendly Scotch Eggs. Traditionally Scotch eggs are British picnic classic but you can enjoy these baked Scotch eggs any time of the day. You will find fried version mostly but i love to make baked version just to cut down extra fat and calories.
You can give this to your kids in lunch boxes, you can add veggies in meat which will give a flavor and color to these eggs.
And yes, i am grateful to team of KLUCHIT MAG for publishing my recipe. You can visit this Mag for more interesting stuff.
Chicken / Beef Mince 1 pao ( i have used boneless chicken)
Onion 1 small
Capsicum 1 very small
Bread crumbs 2 tbsp
Black pepper 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
All spice powder 1/2 tsp
Red chili flakes (optional) 1/2 tsp
Hard/ Medium boiled eggs 2
Cheddar cheese as needed
Paprika 1/4 tsp
Chilli garlic sauce 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
Red chili powder 1/4 tsp
Black pepper 1/4 tsp
- If using bone less cubes of chicken or beef then add onion, capsicum, bread crumbs, black pepper, salt, spice powder, chilli flakes in food processor and chop.
- Now with wet hands wrap eggs with mince.
- Make balls and set aside.
- In a small bowl mix all ingredients of sauce.
- Shred cheese.
- Assemble all things on counter and transfer Meat big balls in a serving oven prof plate.
- Pour sauce and cheese on top.Sprinkle paprika and bake at 180c till cheese melt and mince well cooked.
- Serve hot.
- Enjoy bubbling cheesy Scotch eggs with any salsa or dip.
- If you want fried version then after warping eggs with mince, dip in egg and then roll on bread crumbs and fry in oil. You will get crispy scotch eggs.
- You can fry them and then sprinkle cheese and sauce then bake. I have done the same.