One of a famous tea time snack in Pakistan. No other biscotti or cookie can beat this very tasty Cake Rusk snack. I am posting a very easy and simple recipe which I have adapted this recipe from Chef Saima’s Recipes. Hope you will give it a try .
|Plain Flour||3 cups|
|Baking powder||2 tsp|
|Sugar (grind it)||2 cup|
|Butter/ Ghee (on room temp)||1 cup|
|Vanilla essence||1 tsp|
- Mix all dry (flour, baking powder and salt) ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl add butter/ ghee and sugar, beat well for 5 minutes.
- Add eggs and beat again.
- Now add essence and beat. (lemon essence is recommended for rusks)
- Add flour and mix well.
- Add milk. Beat .
- Grease a tray/pan and place butter paper.
- Pour mixture of cake in pan.
- Bake at 180c till done.
- Let it cool and cut in slices.
- Place on Oven tray and bake again at 180c till nice brown color appear.
- Let it cool and serve.