Winter season is here and I love to make Brain masalas and Haleems in this season. This recipe is flavorful and easy to make. I will post more recipes in winter season so stay tuned.
|Ginger garlic paste||1 tbsp|
|Red chili powder||1 and 1/2 tbsp|
|Coriander powder||1/2 tsp|
|Crushed coriander seeds||1 tsp|
|Crushed cumin seeds||1 tsp|
|All spice powder/ garam masala||1/2tp|
|Kasuri methi||1/2 tsp|
|Green chillies and coriander leaves||as needed|
- Remove veins from brain and wash it.
- Add 1/2 tsp salt, 1 tbsp oil and 1/2 tsp turmeric powder in water and boil brain in this water for 10 minutes.
- Drain and set a side.
- In a wok add oil and thinly sliced onion. Fry till light brown then add ginger garlic paste an stir.
- Add tomatoes and all spices. Fry for few minutes then add yogurt an stir well.
- Add boiled brain and mix with light hand then cover the lid and let it cook on low flame for 10-15 minutes.
- Now add chopped coriander and green chilies. Sprinkle all spice powder and kasuri methi.
- Cover with the lid and cook till oil separates.
- Serve with Naan.