When I opened my Facebook account, I saw changed dps of all my friends with pictures of Moms. It was Mothers day Yesterday. It was a great feeling to see all my friends and family members sharing pictures or selfies with Mothers.
My mother died 4 years ago as I mentioned earlier. After four years I am still grieving, and I always will be. I am proud to be her daughter. Thou every day… every occasion is colorless without parents and no new memories will ever be made with our parents again, is a realization which is most painful. I always missed her on my special occasions and successes.
Sometimes I know the words to say to give thanks for all you’ve done, but then they fly up and away as quickly as they come.
How could I possibly thank you enough, the one who makes me whole, the one to whom I owe my life, the forming of my soul.
The one who tucked me in at night, the one who stopped my crying, the one who was the expert at picking up when I was lying.
The one who saw me off to school and spent sad days alone, yet magically produced a smile as soon as I came home.
The one who makes such sacrifices to always put me first, who lets me test my broken wings, in spite of how it hurts.
Who paints the world a rainbow when it’s filled with broken dreams, who explains it all so clearly when nothing is what it seems.
What way is there to thank you for your heart, your sweat, your tears, for ten thousand things you’ve done for oh so many years.
For changing with me as I changed, accepting all my flaws, not loving ’cause you had to, but loving just because.
For never giving up on me when your wits had reached its end, for always being proud of me, for being my best friend.
And so I come to realize, the only way to say, the only thank you that’s enough is clear in just one way.
Look at me before you see what I’ve become, do you see yourself in me, the job that you have done?
All your hopes and all your dreams, the strength that no one sees, a transfer over many years, your best was to pass me.
Thank you for the gifts you give, for everything you do, but thank you mommy most of all for making dreams come true.
© Reanna Almeida
Sharing her recipes is a way to keep her alive in our minds. Please pray for her whenever try her recipe. This is her special recipe.
You can Check my mother’s Traditional Recipes Here:
- Ladyfinger/ bhindi 1/2 kg
- Onion 3 medium, sliced
- Red chili powder 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tsp
- All spice powder 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds 1/2 tsp
- Red chili flakes 1/2 tsp or to taste
- Lemon juice 1 tsp
- Green chilies 4-5
- Wash and strain ladyfingers.
- Remove head and tail part of ladyfinger.
- Make a slit on each ladyfinger.
- Set aside.
- In a chopper add onion, chili powder, salt, ginger garlic paste, all spice powder(garam masala), cumin seeds, Chili flake. Make a smooth paste. You can add few teaspoons of water. Paste should not be runny.
- Fill this paste in ladyfingers.
- Heat oil in a pan and add lady fingers and green chilies in this oil.
- Cover with the lid and let it cook on slow flame.
- You can cook in clay pot also. It will give a very different taste to your ladyfinger.
- Cook till oil separates and ladyfinger become soft and tender.
- Do not stir spoon constantly. Just stir twice or thrice.
- Before serving sprinkle lemon juice, coriander leaves and green chilies.
These are my hand painted clay pots 🙂