Bangan (Eggplant) has been found to be especially useful in the treatment of colon cancer due to the high amount of fiber found in it. Fiber is important in the treatment of colon cancer because it is a relatively porous nutrient and because of this, as it moves through the digestive tract, it has the tendency to absorb toxins and chemicals that can lead to the development of colon cancer. For best results, individuals who are interested in reducing their risk for the development of color cancer should be sure to include the skin of the eggplant during consumption. Research has found that the skin of eggplant may contain more fiber than the actual eggplant itself.
From my kitchen a very tasty and easy recipe, you can make this in any ordinary pot but I made this in a clay pot because you will find a different taste and aroma of clay pot in bhurta.
|Onion (chopped)||1 medium|
|Ginger/garlic (minced)||1 tsp|
|Crushed red chili||1/2 tsp|
|Red chili powder||1/2 tsp|
|Haldi powder||1/2 tsp|
|Coriander powder||1/2 tsp|
|Coriander leaves||few leaves|
- Place egg plants on direct flame as shown in picture and let it cook from all sides by turning its sides, the skin will become black and flaky .You can easily peel off with hand ,but keep in your mind it peel skin as soon as remove from flame.It will give smoky flavor to your eggplant.
- In a clay pot pour oil and chopped onion ,fry onion till soft and add ginger garlic minced.
- Stir constantly ,add tomato chopped and all spices.
- Fry till oil separates ,now add egg plant.
- Mix with masala and add 1/4 cup water ,cover with lid and on low flame leave it for 10 mins.
- Add green chillies and coriander leaves ,again cover it and let it simmer for 5 minutes.