I Read somewhere that, “cooking is a talent and skill both! You must love it enough to build up skill but if you aren’t talented and imaginative you won’t be fixing any truly interesting dishes or meals”.
Today i am very much excited to introduce you to a lady who has both qualities. When i saw her recipes i was truly inspired with her work and i decided to ask her to guest post for me.I am grateful to her that she accepted my invitation and here with us ,sharing a very nice recipe.Now over to you Ambreen..:)
Hi everyone! I’m Ambreen, a Pakistani food blogger sharing my favorite recipes on Simply Sweet ‘n Savory. My blog features simple recipes, made from scratch and using common ingredients found in a typical Pakistani kitchen. I’m a sweets loving girl, so most of my recipes are centered around cakes, cookies and desserts 🙂
Thank you so much AINY for inviting me to guest post, it is such an honor to guest post on your awesome site. I’m excited to be here on AinyCooks to share a simple yet delicious cookie recipe 🙂
Almond Log Cookies
Makes : 48 cookies
For Dough :
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup castor sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
For Topping :
- 1/2 cup almonds, chopped
- 2 tbs granulated sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar in a large bowl until smooth.
- Add the egg and beat until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in the vanilla.
- With the mixer on low, gradually add the flour mixture; mixing until just incorporated.
- Shape into a disk and refrigerate, wrapped, for at least an hour.
- On a floured surface, roll pieces of the dough into ( 1/2 inch ) thick cords, then cut into ( 3 inch ) lengths. Refrigerate on baking sheets until firm.
- Preheat oven to 180 C / 350 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine almonds and sugar in a bowl. Brush the logs with the beaten egg and sprinkle with almond mixture.
- Place logs on prepared baking sheet, spacing the cookies at least ( 1 1/2 inch ) apart. Bake until just beginning to brown, 12 to 14 minutes.
- Cool slightly on baking sheet, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature, for up to 1 week.
Recipe Source : Real Simple
You can make different variations from the same dough like Sparkling Sugar Cutout Cookies , Almond Chocolate Chips Jumbles , Sparkling Hearts and Stars Sugar Cookies and many more. Happy Baking!!!