Light and airy cake with crushed almonds inside and mango glaze on top. A perfect bakery style cake with a cup of evening tea.
|Flour||1 and 1/2 cups|
|Baking powder||1 tsp|
|Sugar||1 cup, grind it|
|Butter/ ghee||1/2 cup|
|Vanilla essence||1 tsp|
|Mango juice small packet, any brand||1|
|Corn flour||1 tbsp|
- Sift flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- Melt ghee and let it cool.
- In a bowl add sugar and melted and cooled ghee. You can add butter also but no need to melt it. Beat well.
- Now add eggs and beat.
- Add vanilla essence, salt and milk. Beat.
- Add flour in it. Fold it in batter. Add crushed almonds in batter. Pour in a pan.
- In pan place a butter paper and grease it.
- After pouring cut almonds from center, arrange on batter.
- You can add cocoa powder if you want chocolate flavor almond cake.
- Bake at 180c for 25 minutes or till done.
- Take a small packet of mango juice and pour in a pot, add sugar and mix well. Now cook till sugar dissolve.
- Mix corn flour in water and add in juice. Make a thick sauce. Let it cool completely in refrigerator.
- Take out cake from mold do not remove butter paper from side of cake and spread sauce on top let it set for 1/2 hour and serve.
- Enjoy this moist and delicious cake.