A common problem these days is pain in bones specially legs, My Aunt Farkhuda once told me this home remedy for my mother in law. I not only made this for my mother in law but also told this tip to a number of people who had bones pain and believe me they gave me very good response, so I am passing this tip to you people.
First let me explain about two gonds which we need for this medicine.
Names in different languages:
- English – Tragacanth gum
- Hindi – Gond katira
- German -Kutira Gummi
- French – Gomme Adragante
- Arabic – Katheera, Haloosiyaa
- Bengali- Katila
Tragacanth gum or Gond katira comes from a shrub which is mostly found in Mid East, Iraq, and Iran and even in western Asia.Iran produces an enormous quantity of Gond Katira.
It is a tree gum just like any of myrrh but is less common in products than other gums, such as guar gum or gum Arabic. The advantages are pure and so worth noting. The only requirement is to keep patience while taking Ayurveda treatment as you will see remarkable changes with the passage of time.
Babul trees contain crude protein; up to 20% can be found in the leaves and up to 12% is found in the edible pods. The gum that the babul bark yields has multiple medicinal properties. The babul plant consists of compounds such as an active androstene steroid, D-pinitol, gallic acid, and rutin. Babul gum also contains Arabic acid in addition to calcium, magnesium, and potassium. The bark and leaves of babul tree contain tannin and galic acid, which gives it a bitter taste.
HOW TO USE GONDS:
- Take equal quantity of both gonds.
- Fry Gond katira in 1 tbsp desi ghee or butter.
- It will pop up. Take it out and place on paper towel.
- Now take Gond Babool and fry in 1 tbsp ghee.
- It will also pop. You need to stir continuously.
- Let them cool and grind both.
- Make fine powder.
- Store in air tight jar.
- Before sleeping dissolve in one cup of warm milk or water and drink it.
- Use this in cold weather. I will not recommend to use in summer season.