“The month of Rabi’ul-Awwal is the most significant month in the Islamic history, because humanity has been blessed in this month by the birth of the Holy Prophet Muhammad (SAW). Before the birth of the Holy Prophet (SAW), not only the Arabian Peninsula, but also the so-called civilized nations of Rome and Persia were drowned in the darkness of ignorance, superstitions, oppression and unrest.
The Holy Prophet (SAW) came with the eternal truth of Tawhid (Oneness of Allah), the only faith which provides a firm basis for the real concepts of knowledge, equity and peace. It was this faith which delivered humanity from ignorance and superstitions and spread the light of true knowledge all over the world.”
When I was a child, I saw my mother making kheer for neighbors and giving money (kherat) to poor, obviously I learnt from her and after getting married I started doing this myself. I believe in my good intentions, as in a hadith Prophet(pbuh) mentioned: “Actions are judged by intentions.” And if we are doing anything with good intentions then we will get reward from Allah. So I do recite Quran, give money to poor and distribute any sweet dish to neighbors on this day. We should not restrict ourselves till 12 Rabi’ul-Awwal ,the whole month we should recite durood and Quran. We will not be rewarded for celebrating with pomp and show, but will be rewarded for how much we followed Prophet Muhammad (SAW)…
I made Gulab Phirni and Chana Pulao for distributing amongst few relatives and neighbors today. Recipes are here I hope you will like them all. Keep me and my family in your prayers.
|Rice (soaked in water)||1 glass|
|Chick Peas (boiled)||1/2 cup|
|Ginger/Garlic Paste||1 tbsp|
|Whole Garam Masala Mix||1 tbsp|
|Crushed Red Chili||1 tsp|
- In a deep pan add oil and sliced onions and fry on low flame till golden brown.
- Take half out and spread on paper towel.
- Now add ginger garlic paste and whole garam masala and stir it for few seconds then add tomatoes and crushed red chilies and fry till tomatoes become soft.
- Now add chick peas and salt. Stir and add water, let it boil and then add rice.
- When cooked, sprinkle remaining fried onion on top and let them simmer (dam) for few minutes.
- You can add 1 chicken cube as well for chicken flavor which I normally do. Serve with raita.
|Cucumber (diced)||1 small|
|Onion (thinly sliced)||1 medium|
|Tomato (cube cut)||1 large|
|Green Chili||1 medium|
|Crushed Black Pepper||1 tsp|
|Chat Masala Powder||1/4 tsp|
- Beat yogurt and add salt, pepper chat masala, mix all well and then add all vegetables. Mix well and serve with rice.
|Condensed Milk||1/2 cup|
|Rose Water||3 tbsp|
|Pink Color (optional)||few drops|
- Soak rice in ½ cup water for an hour and then grind them to form a fine paste.
- In a deep pan add milk, sugar, illaichi and rice paste. Keep flame very low and keep on stirring constantly to avoid lumps formation.
- When milk reaches to thick consistency and rice completely cooked, add condensed milk, color (if using) and rose water and mix well.
- Serve chilled.