Vegetable Pulao is a comforting, delicious, flavorful, rich and exotic rice dish which looks colorful with assorted vegetables.
This recipe is my mother’s traditional recipe with a little bit of variation.This Pulao/pulaf is all time favorite of all.
Don’t let the cold weather keep you from enjoying fresh vegetable pulao.Try it today only….:)
|All seasonal vegetables (potato,peas,carrot,cauliflower, cabbage,capsicum,aubergine,green beans)||2 cups|
|Fresh ginger chopped||1tbsp|
|Fresh garlic minced||1 tbsp|
|Whole spices||1 tbsp|
|Black cumin seeds||1 tbsp|
|Red chilli powder||1 tbsp|
|Basmati Rice||3 cups|
|Lemon juice||2 tbsp|
- Fry all the vegetables in oil and set aside.
- In another pot add sliced onion and fry it till light brown, add ginger garlic paste and fry for few seconds.
- Now add whole spices, black cumin and tomatoes fry till soft then add yogurt, salt, turmeric, red chilli and fry again for few minutes.
- Add all saute vegetables and mix well.
- Now boil rice in another pot(add salt,lemon juice and whole spices while boiling rice) .When done layer rice with vegetables and cover it with lid.
- Simmer for ten minutes.Mix well before serving.
- Serve with Mint yogurt raita and salad.