Puff pastry is a basic ingredient of making PUFFS of all types. In most of the cities of Pakistan you will not get Puff Pastry, Puff pastry you can not make without Uni puff Butter. I am sharing a very easy method of making Uni puff from which you can make Puff pastry and this uni puff you can use to make Frozen parathas as well.
|Dalda or any other brand ghee||1 kg|
|Chilled water||as needed|
|Ice cubes||as needed|
- Quantity of ghee depends upon your requirement. You can even use 1 cup ghee.
- In a bowl add chilled water, add ice and set aside. Water also you can use without any measurement.
- Melt ghee in microwave or on stove. You should melt ghee properly otherwise chunks will form.
- Let it cool a bit.
- Pour this melted ghee in chilled water. You can use electric beater or just stir with hand whisk or as mentioned in video.
- You will see butter will change its color and become sold.
- Now leave it for few hours. In video Chef mentioned 6 hours but I kept it for 2 hours.
- Now wear gloves and take small portion in your hand and squeeze it. Water should be squeezed out properly.
- Spread in a pan and press it down to make a block.
- Freeze it for few minutes.
- Remove from pan and cut in pieces.
- Cover with cling wrap and store in freezer.
- Take it out when needed 🙂
- This is my source from where i have learned. Watch this video for clear understanding.