Umm Ali is an old Egyptian dessert. When i first time saw this recipe I found it very simple and easy to make. I tried it the same day and believe me it was unexpectedly delicious.
Recipe Source: Food Fusion
|Milk||2 and 1/2 cups|
|Sugar||1/2 cup or to taste|
|Cardamom powder||1 tsp|
|Nuts (Almond, pistachio, raisins, coconut)||as needed for milk|
|Baqar khani/ puff pastry small cookies||4-6 if small, i have used 2 big one.|
|Cream||200 ml for adding in milk and 3 tbsp for garnish|
|Nuts||as needed for sprinkling on top.|
- In milk add sugar , butter, cardamom powder, nuts and raisins and cook for 10- 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Let it cool a bit and mix cream in it. Mix well.
- Arrange baqarkhani in a heat proof dish. Pour milk on it.
- Spread cream on each baqar khani and sprinkle nuts, raisins, desiccated coconut. Nuts you can use of your choice.
- Ready to serve
- You can bake it at 180c for 10 minutes too. I will recommend you to bake. Because milk syrup will soak baqar khani and it will become soft and delicious.
- Enjoy hot or cold, up to you.