Sounds different ? For me it was also interesting. I tasted this at my Aunt’s house last month. It was so yummy and finger licking delicious. I asked her (Nasreen Anty) recipe and when she told me that she is giving tarka in the end it was a surprise for me I never heard it before. I tried it myself and found it different and delicious.
- Carrots 2 kg, grate them
- Sugar 2 cups or to taste
- Powder milk or khoya 1 cup
- Cardamom 4-5
- Ghee 1/2 cup, solid
- Nuts as needed
- Add carrots and sugar in a pot and cook till water dries and carrots become tender.
- Add milk and fry for few minutes.
- In a pan add ghee and cardamom. Let it crackle.
- Pour this tempering on halwa and mix well.
- Fry for few minutes.
- Serve hot.
- Garnish nuts before serving.