My mother was an innovative and creative home cook. I have very fond memories of the different things she would concoct to feed us.I used to love those as a child.There are so many interesting and delicious meals which I’ve enjoyed, and still make today, simply because they are delicious
This stuffed pancake recipe is taught by cooking expert Kokab Khuaja. I was a kid when my mother first time tried it and the taste i still can feel. I will write variations here. All are finger licking delicious.
Pancakes are perfect base for so many different fillings. Try with variations. From sweet to savory….you will find them delicious
STUFFED PANCAKE -1
|Flour||1 and 1/2 cup|
|Chinese salt||1/2 tsp|
|Water||1 and 1/2 cup|
- Beat eggs and add water.Use whisk and again beat.
- Add flour and mix. Add water till dropping consistency obtained. Now add salt and Chinese salt.
- Leave this for few minutes and then heat up the pan.
- Spray oil in pan or grease it with brush.
- One ladle’s worth of batter is usually enough for perfect pan cake. Move the pan in circular motion your batter will take a perfect shape and cover all corners of pan.
- After five minutes you will see corners will start turning up.
- Turn it with spatula or flat spoon.
- Do not overcook otherwise it will break during filling process.
- Cover with cling wrap and refrigerate it. When you want to make take them out and fill. But for one week you can refrigerate.
- Enjoy this healthy meal with any sauce.
STUFFED PANCAKE -2
|Chinese salt||1/2 tsp|
|Yellow food color||pinch|
- Mix all ingredients and with whisk beat them.
- Now batter is ready to cook.
- Make pancakes as i have mentioned above. These are crispy pancakes.
|Mince (Chicken/ beef/ Fish)||1 cup|
|Ginger garlic paste||1/2 tsp|
|Crushed black pepper||1/2 tsp|
|Soya sauce||2 tbsp|
|Cabbage||2 cup thinly sliced|
|Carrots||2 thinly cut|
- In a pot add mince, salt and ginger garlic paste. Add 1 cup water and cook till water dries. Add crushed black pepper and soya sauce. Mix well.
- Add thinly chopped vegetables and cook on high heat.
- Set a side .
- Now place filling on one side of pancake and roll it, use flour paste to seal edges. I normally use toothpicks to close the edges.
- Fry in oil or you cake bake them also.
- I usually fry them in less oil but you can deep fry them.
- Pancake 1 you can freeze after filling .
- But pancake 2 will crack so use them within 2-3 days time.
- You can take chicken boneless and cook as mentioned above then shred it and add veggies. As i have used..:)
This is a matter of immense pleasure for me that a renowned website KFoods, published STUFFED PANCAKES on their website.