Those living in Karachi will second my opinion that this sweet bread “SHEERMAL” is one of a popular and famous bread in Karachi. People normally serve this with Qorma of all types. Here in Punjab you will not find the similar Sheermals. When I saw Shiren appa’s recipe of Sheermal I decided to try it very next day. Thou Sheermals were very delicious and perfect but were not like Karachi wala Sheermals. They were like Taftans in fact But I liked them a lot. So am sharing the recipe with you.
|Flour||2- 1/2 cups|
|Caster sugar||1 tbsp|
|Yeast||2 -1/2 tsp|
|Powder milk||4 tbsp|
|Kehwra water||1 tsp|
|Sesame seeds||as needed|
- Mix all ingredients except sesame seeds in a large bowl and knead into a soft dough with Luke warm water.
- Bang it and again knead it repeat this process and leave it for 2 hours till double.
- Now divide it in equal parts and roll it.
- Prick the center with fork and brush milk on top. Sprinkle sesame seeds and bake at 180c for 10-15 mins.
- Remove immediately and brush milk and cover with foil.
- Serve with Qormas or Karhai.