|Flour||2 -1/2 cup|
|Butter milk||1 cup|
|Sugar (grind it)||1 -1/2 cup|
|Red food color||1 tsp or as needed|
|Vanilla essence||1 tsp|
|Baking soda||1 -1/2 tsp|
|White Vinegar||2 tsp|
- Pre heat oven and grease 2 round pans of 9 by 2 inches.
- In a bowl add flour, salt and cocoa and set aside.
- Add Oil and sugar in a large bowl beat well till creamy. Now add eggs one by one. beat well and ad Vanilla essence and food color.
- Now add half flour alternating with butter milk (you can make butter milk at home by adding 1 cup milk and 1 tsp vinegar leave it for 10 minutes then use).
- Mix vinegar and soda in a small bowl and add in batter. Mix well and pour batter in pans and bake till done.
- Cool them completely and start icing.
SEVEN- MINUTE FROSTING
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tbsp. icing sugar
- 3 egg whites at room temperature
- 1 tbsp corn syrup
In a heavy bottom pan add 3/4 cup sugar, corn syrup and 2 tbsp. water. Cook till sugar dissolve completely. Now raise heat and let it boil, do not stir just dip spatula in cold water and scrap sides of pan to avoid crystallization. Cook for 2-3 minutes more.
In a large bowl beat egg whites till rise and flyffy. Add 2 tbsp. sugar and beat again.
Start adding sugar syrup very carefully down the side of bowl. Beat on medium speed till frosting cool.
Frosting should be thick and shiny.
You can use Cream Cheese Frosting too , for recipe visit this link: RED VELVET CUPCAKES