|Raw mangoes/ Kari||2 cups|
|Sugar||1 cup or to taste|
|Carom seeds/ ajwaen||a fat pinch|
|Fennel seeds/ saunf||1/4 tsp|
|Cumin seeds/ zeera||pinch|
|Nigella/ kalongi||1/4 tsp|
|Red mustard/ rai||1/4 tsp|
|Red chili flakes||1/4 tsp|
|Red chili powder||1/4 tsp|
|Almond and raisins||as needed|
- Peel skin of raw mangoes and remove seed.cut in small cubes. Soak in water for an hour.
- In a pan add oil and all seeds, let them crackle.
- Add raw mango cubes and sugar and salt.
- Cover with the lid and cook on low flame till mango become soft and tender.
- Add red chili flakes and red chili powder. Now cook till water dries out.
- You can keep this guramba a bit watery or like a jam like consistency as i have done.
- Add almonds and raisins.
- Store in air tight jar and enjoy in summers with Rice or Parathas.