- Dry milk powder/ Nido 2 cups
- Flour 1 tsp
- Baking powder 2 tsp
- Ghee/ clarified butter 2 tbsp
- Eggs 2 nos
- Fresh milk 1 and 1/2 litter
- Sugar 1 and 1/2 cup
- Cardamom 4-5
- Pistachio and almonds as needed
- In a pot boil milk, add sugar and cardamom. Cook till sugar dissolve. Stir constantly.
- In a bowl mix powder milk, flour, baking powder, ghee and eggs.
- I will recommend not to add eggs at a time, fist add small quantity and knead then add more and knead, Make a soft dough.
- Make balls of equal size and flattened them. Drop in milk.
- Milk should not be thick otherwise malais will become hard.
- After adding all malais, cover the pot with lid for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the flame and leave it for few minutes.
- Now carefully place in a dish and pour milk.
- Refrigerate it till cool completely.
- Garnish with nuts and serve chill.
- Enjoy these delicious Ras Malais with your family.
I have served these in clay plates a pure traditional way 🙂
Watch My video Here: