The taste and aroma of Punjabi pulao is very different. In Pakistan different regions have different styles of pulao making. I will try to share all with you on this website. This is an authentic recipe because my mother belongs to Gugranwala and she used to make pulao with this method.
|Mutton/Beef with bones||1/2 kg|
|Rice (soaked for 1/2 hour)||1/2 kg|
|Ginger||2 inch piece|
|Sabut Dhania||1 tbsp|
|Onion (sliced)||1 large|
|Sabut Garam Masala||1 tbsp|
|Ginger Garlic Paste||1 tbsp|
METHOD OF YAKHNI:
- Add 8-9 cups of water in a pot and ghost.
- Now make a potli(pouch) by adding other ingredients and salt.
- Let it cook till meat is tender.
- Now squeeze the juices from potli and discard it.
- Drain meat from yakhni and set aside both yakhni and meat.
METHOD OF PULAO:
- Add oil and onions in a pot and fry till onions are golden brown.
- Now add garam masala, g/g paste and stir it.
- Add meat and fry it for 5 mins.
- Now add yakhni. You can add some salt if you want.
- Let it boil and then add rice. Let it cook till rice are done and then keep it on dam for 5 mins.
- Serve hot with kebabs and raita 🙂