This recipe i have learned from a Punjabi family ,last year i have posted the recipe of BANGAN KA HANDI BHURTA now hope you will try this simple and tasty Aloo Bangan.
|Potatoes cut in cubes||2 medium|
|Bangan/ Egg plant||3 medium size|
|Garlic clove||1 large|
|Ginger crushed||1 tsp|
|Red chilli flakes||1 tbsp|
|Turmeric powder||1/2 tsp|
|All spice powder||1/2 tsp|
|Coriander leaves||2 tbsp|
|Cumin seeds||1/2 tsp|
- Grind garlic or crush it.
- In a pan add oil and add cumin seeds. Let them crackle.
- Add garlic and stir for 5 minutes. Add chopped tomatoes.
- Fry tomatoes till soft then add salt, crushed chillies and salt, stir well.
- Add potatoes and fry for few minutes. Now add egg plant and crushed ginger.
- Add 1/4 cup water and cover with lid.
- Cook till potato and egg plant tender.
- Sprinkle chopped coriander and all spice powder.
- Serve with naan or rice.