This recipe is a family recipe, my mother and mother in law taught me. I am passing it to you because one of my reader asked me to share a recipe with CHERH, Cherh is a gum resin (just like gond ka tera). It is used to nourish your bones, if you are suffering from back pain so use this regularly. I will recommend to use this in winter season. Cherh is maily used for prevention of rheumatic disorder, back pain, helping in general weakness.
This Halwa is super dooper nutritious and healthy with a lot of benefits.
|Suji/ semolina||1/2 cup|
|Sugar||a little less than 1/2 cup|
|Poppy seeds||2 tbsp|
|Desi Ghee/ Butter||a little less than 1/2 cup|
- In 1 tbsp ghee fry cherh, it will pop and become double in size. Drain on paper towel and grind it finely.Set aside. Use 1/2 tsp in halwa and store rest in a jar.
- Soak Suji in water.
- In a heavy bottom pan add sugar and 1 tbsp water. Melt sugar.
- Now add ghee and stir, add suji in it. Mix well.
- Add poppy seeds/ kashkas and mix well. Cook till ghee separates.
- Now add Cherh in halwa and mix, add almonds.
- Serve hot.
- Store in air tight box and keep in refrigerator. Take 1 tbsp daily in winters, in summers take 1 tbsp after 2 days.
- Continuous use will give you a good and lasting result.