I was planning to celebrate my Son Ali Rehman’s birthday in school with his teachers and friends. He also was very excited and giving me a number of ideas. He asked me to make a theme cake. It was his last birthday in junior section, after a month he will be in Senior section. So we decided to make his birthday memorable.
First step was to decide the theme of his birthday. A theme can bring a sense of harmony to the whole atmosphere. When I asked from Ali, he is totally mad about Batman VS Superman movie these days. He gave me few ideas but on top it was his favorite character batman.
I have decided to prepare goody bags or party favors myself instead of buying them from market. I will post the method of making goody bags in my future post. But it was very satisfying to make themed bags for boys and girls separately with my own hands. It took two weeks to work on these favors. I have done Quill art on girls party favors.
I always like to make masks for parties. Here I made separate masks for boys and girls.
Birthday special BATMAN Cap I also made for him.
Most important treat for kids is a CAKE. My son asked me to bake a chocolate cake with Batman vs Superman theme. First I roughly drew a sketch of cake 2-3 days before birthday. I sculpt bat man and super man without using any fondant tool. First try it was but not bad actually 🙂
After a lot of efforts and hard work It was satisfying to see enthusiasm and joy in kids eyes and faces. They simply loved it all the things.
Cake recipe I have selected which is my son’s most favorite. That is PERFECTLY CHOCOLATE 🙂
I have used Hershey’s Cocoa and chocolate which was of awesome taste.
INGREDIENTS OF CAKE
- Sugar 2 cups
- Flour 1 and 3/4 cup
- Hershey’s cocoa 3/4 cup
- Baking powder 1 and 1/2 tsp
- Baking soda 1 and 1/2 tsp
- Salt 1 tsp
- Eggs 2
- Milk 1 cup
- Vegetable oil 1/2 cup
- Warm water 1 cup
- Vanilla essence 1 tsp
- In a bowl add all dry ingredients and mix well with whisk. Now add all wet ingredients one by one and beat on medium speed with electric beater. Its better to add water in small quantity first. Add till required consistency obtain.
- Pour in grease pan.
- Bake in preheated oven till done. Baking temperature is 180c.
- Remove from oven and cool completely.
FROSTING FOR PERFECTLY CHOCOLATE
- Butter 1/2 cup
- Powdered sugar 3 cups
- Hershey’s cocoa 2/3 cup
- Vanilla essence 1 tbsp
- Milk 1/3 cup
- Melt butter on room temperature and mix cocoa in it.
- Add powdered sugar and milk in small quantity, beat well again add sugar and milk. Beat well.
- You can add milk if you need more. Add vanilla and beat.
- Frosting is ready.
- Cut the cake in layers and spread this frosting.
- Cover the cake and spread fondant blue and yellow layer on cake, as shown in picture.
Made Batman and Superman characters.
It was fun to prepare LOGOS for cake 🙂
Here are pictures of My son’s Birthday in school. Surely it was a memorable day for him 🙂
A memorable click 🙂