You can click to see the recipe of Chana Dal/ gram lentil Halwa.
- Yellow Moong dal 2 cups (soak in water overnight)
- Semolina/ suji 2 tbsp
- Ghee 3/4 cup
- Sugar 1 and 1/2 cup (grind it)
- Cardamom 4
- Khoya 1/2 cup (can use milk powder also)
- Milk 3/4 cup
- Kewra water 1/4 tsp
- Nuts as needed
- Grind dal by adding 2tbsp water to form a smooth paste.
- In a heavy bottom pan add ghee and cardamom stir for few minutes and add semolina. Fry till light brown.
- Now add dal and sugar mix well and add milk. Now start frying. You need some muscles to fry it 🙂
- Keep on stirring till ghee separates.
- Add kewra water and chopped nuts.
- Garnish with nuts and serve hot.