Sounds interesting, isn’t it..? I saw my mother making these pakoras frequently in Ramadan with mint chutney, I have done some alterations to my mother’s original recipe. You can say my family recipe with my touch…:)
|Mong lentil||1 cup|
|Red chilli powder||1 tsp|
|Red crushed chillies||1/2 tsp|
|Whole coriander crushed||1 tsp|
|Baking soda||1/4 tsp|
|Green coriander||3 tbsp|
|Green chilli chopped||2 tsp|
|Onion chopped||1 small|
- Soak moong lentil overnight or 4-5 hours and then in a food processor grind it very finely, add salt and red chilli powder also.
- Transfer into a bowl and then add 1/2 tsp soda, crushed coriander, crushed red chillies, onion, green coriander, green chilli.
- Mix all well and then with wet hand pick and make a small long shape with impressions of your fingers on it ,slide it in oil. Oil should not be very hot.
- Fry till golden and crispy .
- Serve with any sauce or mint chutney.