Famous Masala dosa is a South Indian dish with a pancake made from white lentil and rice paste and served with a vegetable filling specially potato filling. You can do a number of variations .The recipe i am following i am sharing with you…:). Can be your evening snack also…
INGREDIENTS FOR DOSA BATTER:
|White /mash/urad lentil||1/2 cup|
|White rice||1 cup|
|Fattened rice/murmure||1/4 cup|
|Fenugreek seeds/methi||1/4 tsp|
INGREDIENTS FOR POTATO FILLING:
|Cumin seeds||1/2 tsp|
|Crushed red chillies||1 tsp|
|Haldi/turmeric powder||1/2 tsp|
|Green chillies||as needed|
|Green coriander||as needed|
PREPARING DOSA BATTER:
- Soak mash /urad dal and fenugreek seeds in water for 5 hours and rice and flattened rice in a separate bowl .
- Drain lentil and add in processor ,now grind it to make a fine paste.Transfer in a bowl and then in the same processor add drained rice with 2 tbsp water and make a paste , now transfer this rice paste in lentil paste add salt.
- Mix well if required then add water also but the batter should not be very thin or very thick.Consistency is very important in dosa making…
- Set aside for 20-25 minutes for fermentation.
PREPARING POTATO FILLING:
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds and cumin seeds, let them crackle and then add Onion. Cook till soft then add curry leaves.
- Now add crushed red chillies , haldi powder, salt and boiled potatoes.Mix well in the end add green chili and coriander leaves.
- Set aside.
- Take a flat pan now take a onion half and spread it on pan in circular motion,dosas will not stick with pan with this tip.
- Now pour 1 tbsp oil on pan and spread batter in a thin layer , cover with a lid till dosa cook properly. Pour 1 tbsp oil on dasa and turn its side.
- When done spread potato filling on half side of dosa and turn its other side on it.remove from pan and spread onion first on pan then make next dosa.
- Serve with Chutney and enjoy delicious dosas…:)