Zarda is the most famous Dessert in Pakistan specially Punjab. I have posted two types of zardas before, this recipe is not different in method which i have mentioned before but taste is different and rich because of khoya.
You can check my recipe of SHAHI ZARDA and ZARDA.
|Ghee/ oil||2 tbsp|
|Mix nuts||as needed|
|Muraba/ ashrafian||as needed|
|Orange zest||1 tsp|
|Food colors (red and green)||few drops|
- Wash and soak rice for 20 minutes.
- In a pot boil water, add 1 tsp of vinegar for bright color of rice.
- Add rice in boiling water and cook till 1 kani left.
- Drain and set aside.
- In a pot melt ghee/ oil and add cardamom, let it crackle.
- Add sugar and 1 cup water. Stir till sugar melt.
- Add Rice and mix with sugar syrup. Let it cook till water absorb.
- Now add khoya and with light hands mix in rice. Save 3-4 tbsp khoya for garnish.
- Spread nuts, orange zest and ashrifian/ murabas.
- Drop red and green color on rice and cover with lid.
- Let it simmer.
- Serve hot.